Be part of life-changing work and give children a fair chance to succeed in life.
Come join our new leadership team at Preschool Advantage and be a part of our goal to build on the strength and legacy of Preschool Advantage, while setting the course for a growth trajectory as we enhance and amplify our commitment to providing all children access to high quality early education.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as Preschool Advantage continues to grow. A fairly new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
This opportunity also offers a flexible work environment, consisting of a blended in-office and remote work arrangement, offering both a safe and healthy work conditions as well as an opportunity to build cohesive partnerships.
Qualities and Qualifications
Successful candidates will have solid experience in a fundraising position, with a firm understanding of the fundraising landscape of Morris and Somerset counties of New Jersey. S/he will have demonstrated leadership abilities, strong consensus building skills, fundraising management and strategic planning experience, and a proven track record in developing, administering, and achieving the goals of an ongoing annual fundraising program. Other qualities include:
- Possess well-honed listening skills.
- Be an excellent communicator with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, in both in-person and remote/virtual environments.
- Be an effective representative of the organization in the community.
- Have at least five years of experience in fund raising position(s).
- Adaptability and flexibility in adjusting plans and directions in an ever-changing environment.
- Creativity and innovation in identifying new sources and alternative mechanisms for development, donations and support.
- Strong knowledge and fluency with Neon donor software or a related/compatible software system.
- Develop and execute Preschool Advantage’s annual fundraising plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Manage the donor database and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee planning of special events.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Leverage the Development Committee in achieving goals, providing support as necessary to the members.
- Leverage extensive volunteer network in achieving goals.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Manage administrative staff member.
- Serve as a member of the PSA senior leadership team, providing insights and guidance in support of the organization’s Strategic Plan and short & long-term objectives.
Click here to view or download the detailed job description
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected]
Preschool Advantage is an equal opportunity employer.
Lend a Helping Hand
Your generosity enables us to help families in need.