Applications are submitted
For an application to be considered complete it includes the following:
- Financial documents
- Copy of a 2021 or 2022 completed and signed federal tax return (1040)
- Copy of a 2022 W-2 form for each parent/guardian
- Copy of a current pay stub for each parent/guardian from 2023
- If you cannot provide a paystub and W-2 forms, provide a letter from your employer which includes hours worked and hourly wages. This letter must include contact information for the employer.
- If you are self-employed, provide a copy of the 2021 and 2022 completed and signed federal tax returns.
- Letter of Support
- Completed on your behalf by an individual who knows your family but is not a relative. The form can be completed by child’s current teacher, babysitter, care giver, therapist, social worker, clergy, doctor, or anyone else who knows your family and your child.
- The form can be completed online by clicking the following link: https://form.jotform.com/223484903251151
- If the Letter of Support is not submitted, your application will be considered incomplete.
Note: Applications received by March 1st will be given priority. Those received after this date will be reviewed in the order they are received.
Application Review and Family Meeting
- Applications are reviewed.
- Families will be contacted to schedule a family meeting which are held in person at our office and conducted by two Preschool Advantage volunteers. A parent must be present, and children are welcome to attend.
- Preschool Advantage selects families to receive funding for the 2023-24 school year.
Notification and School Visit
- Preschool Advantage will notify families the status of their application.
- If approved for funding, families must arrange to meet with the school at which their child will be enrolled in the fall. Families should tour the school if they have not already done so, confirm program hours, and complete any school-specified entrance requirements.
Lend a Helping Hand
Your generosity enables us to help families in need.